Wednesday 8 October 2014

Travelling involves a journey, a journey in space, a journey through time, a psychological journey into an alien world. It resembles Alice’s trip through the looking glass into another universe where the ‘rules’ may be turned on their heads and people may behave in very different ways. Fascinated by what I saw and learnt when I travel away, I am compelled to express what they made me feel through writing.



Back in my mind, I've always wanted to do a travel-log to every place that I've visited, or any new place I've been too, or simply, new things that I've discover or new people that I've met.

But thinking is just not enough. Due to my own excuses, I've never really tried to really make my travel-log happen.

But since I've started working in a tourism industry, now I have a strong reason to really do this blog. Not just because of my profession, but especially to tick off my bucket list that have been there for ages.

Travelling to places has been my dream since long time ago. Seeing that I am not going to be young forever, I am reminded to fully use my younger days to do things that I could do while my time and age permits. I came across with an article why travelling is important. And that just really hits home. I feel like I cannot wait any longer and I should start doing something.
  
1. Provides learning and education about places and history
2. Connects us to other cultures and people
3. Slows us down: Gives us a break from our fast-paced lives
4. Expands our awareness and introduces us to greater diversity
5. Helps us break habits: mentally, physically, and emotionally
6. Gives us time to heal, reduces stress and helps us regain enthusiasm for life
7.Stokes curiosity and awakens our inner child by offering us new, “first-time” experiences
8. Promotes patience by releasing heavy expectations of the “one right way” mentality thereby allowing life to flow more organically
9. Invites the opportunity to get lost and face one’s fears of the unknown
10. Helps you get to know yourself better: the true you is rediscovered

I graduated early May this year. Meaning that I just officially graduated from my uni life five months ago. Since then, I started working in mid-June. Been to new places here and there, but haven't got time to really sit down and write about my experience.

But I will..soon. Till then.

No comments: